The significant other and I headed over to Cafe Reconcile today for lunch. If you are ever in the New Orleans area you need to do lunch, it is great food and helps a worthy cause. I had the White Beans and Shrimp, Mary had the Smothered Chicken, shared Blueberry Cobbler. Meant to take pics but I was…uhhh…. hungry.
- More on writer Tom Piazza and his work (Watching Treme)
- Dr. John coming out with a new album in August, called Tribal (MVRemix Rock) with help from Allen Toussaint, Derek Trucks, Donald Harrison and the late Bobby Charles
- “Is Rock and Roll Becoming Jazz?” (DJTrudeau )
- If you live in NOLA, they are showing “Faubourg Treme: The Untold Story of Black New Orleans” on Sunday at the Museum of Art (NOLA.com)
- From our neighbors to the North (Vancouver Voice)
- Treme-Jazz has stories on the soundtrack, Khandi Alexander and how Gambit redid a cover for the show.
- HBO’s TREME presents…Open for One Night Only: “FRANK’S PLACE” (Eventbrite) Might have to put this on my agenda.
- Back of Town got the attention of Eric Overmyer and I guess he reads my blog also… Sweet.
I ran across this a couple of nights ago and though it is not New Orleans music, Etta James and Dr. John with “I’d Rather Go Blind”.