- “Masking on Mardi Gras doesn’t give our protagonists false identities. Rather, it strips away the false identities and shows us who they really are.” (Overthinking It)
- “Episode 7 Behind the Scenes” (Watching Treme)
- “In the groove with Stanton Moore and Trombone Shorty” (Bob Edwards)
- “Creighton can’t pack his own anger away long enough to make the sort of persuasive arguments that might have mattered” (Dark Brown Waffles)
- “I think the first season of “Treme” is a spectacular sophomore slump for Simon and co.” (Charge Shot)
- For those wondering what Crawfish Beignets are, here is a recipe from Zatarain’s
In Episode 8, Tom McDermott played “If I Ever Cease To Love”, a song that George Lewis recorded. Today I found a video made from Preservation Hall back in 1962 with George and his band playing “Over The Waves” and the 2nd video is “Mahogany Hall Stomp”.