Episode 10 List of Songs is up….
Damn, Janette is not out of New Orleans airport and Davis is off to the next one. I guess when Annie shows up on his doorstep, what is he supposed to do?
- ‘Treme’ explained: ‘I’ll Fly Away’ (NOLA.com)
- “Many of us are angry at Toni, and not without reason.” (BackOfTown)
- “I have not yet been convinced that there was a scene this season more poignant than Wildman Jesse’s interrupted funeral” (Dark Brown Waffles)
- “Annie comes “home” to find Batgirl without a costume, and it finally gives her the impetus to hold her ground. ” (WatchingTreme.com)
- ‘Perhaps the ambiguity of Treme is intentional” (The Atlantic)
- “It is difficult to invent a new rhythm for TV storytelling” (EW.com)
- “Treme Watch: This City Won’t Wash Away” (Time.com)
- “Realistic or not, Creighton was always a tough character to care about.” (Salon.com)
- “Antoine’s high-end gig for Allen Toussaint was fantastic for the music and hilarious for the poker playing.” (TV Squad)
- “Strangled by a haunted social scene” (NewOrleans.com)
- “It is not the story of how nothing ever changes. It’s a show about a world where everything has changed” (HitFix)
- “New Orleans is his wingman.” (NY Magazine)
- “Interview: ‘Treme’ co-creator David Simon post-mortems season one” (HitFix)
- “Overall, “I’ll Fly Away” did a lot to allay my lingering doubts about a show that was sometimes clunky, unsubtle, and overly earnest.” (A.V. Club)
- “Treme captures the spirit of a city fighting to overcome inescapable tragedy, and the result has been some great television.” (Cultural Learnings)
- “It’s the double-edged sword of New Orleans.” (Gambit.com)
- “Maybe he’s selfish. Maybe he’s just a nice guy.” (Quiet Pool)
Might as well start out this week with Art “Poppa Funk” Neville who sang “Cha Dooky Doo” in Episode 10. 1st video is a short interview with Art and the 2nd video in 1974 with The Meters performing “Look-Ka Py Py” and “Jungle Man”.
We then fast forward to 2006 for a couple of videos of The Meters jamming with the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Voodoo Fest.